Dietary guidelines to protect against cancer
Introduction by Healing Cancer Naturally
The following article gives a good general introduction to dietary habits which - based on data gleaned from epidemiological and other observations - will contribute to a healthy, cancer- and otherwise disease-free life. Major necessary additions and dietary advice however would include items such as the following:
1) Eating organic: compare for instance “Important note: anecdotal ‘vegetarian’ colon cancer case illustrating the possibly major importance of avoiding nonorganic fruits and vegetables” at Vegetarians Live Longer, Cancer Causes: Pesticides and Organic food.
2) Avoiding water-borne toxins: compare Cancer fighting nutrients become deadly when combined with chlorinated tap water, Water filters: How can we get pure, clean water? and Fluoridation can cause cancer.
3) Eating fresh: compare Natural Food Sources of Glyconutrients, The Fungal/Mycotoxin Etiology of Human Disease (particularly CANCER) etc.
4) Intestinal & digestive health & cleanliness: compare for instance It’s not what you ingest, but what you usefully absorb, Dr. F.X. Mayr’s in-depth research into the link between nutrition, dietary habits, intestinal health and overall health & beauty and Detoxification: Internal cleansing.
Cancer-Protective Diet Outline
by Cancer Project, a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) site
Diet and Nutrition Facts - What Exactly is the Healthiest Diet?
Doctors and researchers agree that cancer-protective diets are built from plant-based foods: fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes.
These foods are:
- Rich in complex carbohydrates, vitamins, and minerals.
- Rich in cancer-fighting phytochemicals such as isoflavones and isothiocyanates, and antioxidants such as vitamin C, beta-carotene, selenium, and lycopene.
- High in fiber.
- Naturally low in fat (especially animal fats) and salt, and cholesterol-free.
Steps you can take to maximize the cancer-fighting power of your diet:
- Build your diet from a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, and legumes.
- Include daily servings of brightly-colored fruits and vegetables and dark green, leafy vegetables.
- Avoid foods from animal sources.
- Select foods low in fat and salt.
- Choose whole or minimally-processed foods over highly-processed foods and supplements.
- Use care to prepare and store food safely.
Other important steps you can take to keep your body strong and healthy include:
- Maintain a healthy weight.
- Incorporate physical activity into your daily routine.
- Avoid drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Completely avoid using tobacco in any form.
About the Cancer Project
Cancer Project is a Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) site.
“The Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine (PCRM) is a growing organization that promotes the prevention of cancer, and endorses non-animal methods of cancer study and treatment.” (PETA)
- The World Cancer Report: action on smoking, diet and infections can prevent one third of cancers, another third can be cured
- The importance of living raw foods for health
- The importance of minerals & trace elements for health & cancer prevention
- Cancer-Fighting Foods
- Vegetarians live longer
- Organic vs conventional food and cancer
- On cow's milk and the cancer connection
- Milk and the cancer connection II
- Sugar and cancer
- 146 ways sugar is ruining your health
- Sugar-a silent killer: an extensive discussion of the sugars
- Asparagus: recoveries and remissions
- Brassica vegetables and cancer risk
- “Brassica family prevents pre-cancerous cells turning into potentially deadly cancer cells”
- On soy & soy risks
- On macrobiotics & cancer healing
- Ginger and turmeric fight cancer
- Some Edgar Cayce dietary and nutritional advice for individual cancer patients
- Edgar Cayce On The Cancer Preventative Health Value of Almonds
- Concise quotes & facts on nutrition & the healing of cancer
- Meat & Colon Cancer Link
- Broccoli (sprouts or extract) may halt growth of breast cancer cells
- Tomatoes/lycopene beneficial for healing & prevention of prostate cancer.
- It’s not what you ingest, but what you usefully absorb
- Rising atmospheric CO2 decreases micronutrients in plants
- Finding the right modalities, foods and remedies for you
- Edgar Cayce on Keeping Our Bodies in Balance Nutritionally
- Edgar Cayce’s General Nutrition and Diet Recommendations
- On cravings
- Health and raw food-statements-under-close-scrutiny
- Fungi producing mycotoxins: The Fungal/Mycotoxin Etiology of Human Disease (particularly CANCER)