Life is all about choices - choosing your mood
...over 400 reports of spontaneous remission of cancer were reviewed and analyzed. The patients themselves attributed their cure to a broad range of causes, but only one factor was common to all the cases--a shift toward greater hope and a positive attitude.
Paul McGhee, PhD
Welcome to another page in Healing Cancer Naturally's Healing & Your Mind section! The following article which was sent to me by email is meant to be purely inspirational...
Life is all about choices: choosing your mood
If only we could all follow in Michael's footsteps, how much better all our lives would be...............
READ THIS. LET IT REALLY SINK IN. THEN CHOOSE.
Michael is the kind of guy you love to hate. He is always in a good mood and always has something positive to say. When someone would ask him how he was doing, he would reply, "If I were any better, I would be twins!"
He was a natural motivator.
If an employee was having a bad day, Michael was there telling the employee how to look on the positive side of the situation.
Seeing this style really made me curious, so one day I went up to Michael and asked him, "I don't get it! You can't be a positive person all of the time. How do you do it?"
Michael replied, "Each morning I wake up and say to myself, you have two choices today. You can choose to be in a good mood or ... you can choose to be in a bad mood.
I choose to be in a good mood."
Each time something bad happens, I can choose to be a victim or...I can choose to learn from it. I choose to learn from it.
Every time someone comes to me complaining, I can choose to accept their complaining or... I can point out the positive side of life. I choose the positive side of life.
"Yeah, right, it's not that easy," I protested.
"Yes, it is," Michael said. "Life is all about choices. When you cut away all the junk, every situation is a choice. You choose how you react to situations. You choose how people affect your mood. You choose to be in a good mood or bad mood. The bottom line: It's your choice how you live your life."
I reflected on what Michael said. Soon hereafter, I left the Tower Industry to start my own business. We lost touch, but I often thought about him when I made a choice about life instead of reacting to it.
Several years later, I heard that Michael was involved in a serious accident, falling some 60 feet from a communications tower.
After 18 hours of surgery and weeks of intensive care, Michael was released from the hospital with rods placed in his back.
I saw Michael about six months after the accident. When I asked him how he was, he replied, "If I were any better, I'd be twins Wanna see my scars?"
I declined to see his wounds, but I did ask him what had gone through his mind as the accident took place.
"The first thing that went through my mind was the well-being of my soon-to-be born daughter," Michael replied. "Then, as I lay on the ground, I remembered that I had two choices: I could choose to live or...I could choose to die. I chose to live."
"Weren't you scared? Did you lose consciousness?" I asked.
Michael continued, "..the paramedics were great. They kept telling me I was going to be fine.But when they wheeled me into the ER and I saw the expressions on the faces of the doctors and nurses, I got really scared. In their eyes, I read 'he's a dead man'. I knew I needed to take action."
"What did you do?" I asked.
"Well, there was a big burly nurse shouting questions at me," said Michael. "She asked if I was allergic to anything. 'Yes, I replied.' The doctors and nurses stopped working as they waited for my reply. I took a deep breath and yelled, 'Gravity'."
Over their laughter, I told them, "I am choosing to live. Operate on me as if I am alive, not dead."
Michael lived, thanks to the skill of his doctors, but also because of his amazing attitude... I learned from him that every day we have the choice to live fully.
Attitude, after all, is everything.
You have two choices now: 01. [Ignor]e this. 02. Forward it to the people you care about. You know the choice I made. God Bless, and smile....it could be contagious.
- “You can heal yourself using the incredible power of the human mind.”
- The Nocebo Effect: Placebo's Evil Twin: “Think sick, be sick.”
- Negative thoughts and the immune system
- On The Power of Your Mind (concise quotes)
- Terminal cancer healed thanks to a radical shift in consciousness: reprogramming the mind for healing
- Terminal Cancer Healed through Love, Will, Determination & the Power of the Mind
- “Terminal” Cancer Patient In Constant Pain Heals After "Changing His Mind" About Pain
- Who Survives Cancer? (100% of Cancer Survivors Positively Changed Their Life.)
- Developing & Healing Cancer: The Power of Thought to Make Ill & to Heal
- Man Curing Himself of a Terrible Illness With a Simple One-Line Statement of Gratitude
- On the Effect and Energy of Our Thoughts & Prayers on Others
- Quantum Biologist
- Visualize Your Healing
- The science of transmitting vital energy by the effort of one’s mind I
- Amazing Near Death Experience Followed By Cancer Healing
- Breast Cancer With Bleak Diagnosis Healed After a Single Session of Regression Therapy
- Using Affirmations & (Subliminal) Messaging Programs for Support in Recovery from Cancer & Personal Goal Achievement
- Free affirmations display (subliminal messaging) program