Developing an Attitude Conducive to Healing
“A chief cause of unhappiness is what I call MENTAL MOVIES. Mental movies are a misuse of the imagination. You know how it goes. You have a painful experience with someone, then run it over and over in your mind. You visualize what you said, what he did, how you both felt. As awful as it is, you feel compelled to repeat the film day and night. It is as if you were locked inside a theater playing a horror movie.
To break out be aware that you ARE running a mental movie. Be conscious of its mechanical hold on your mind. Then, by deliberate choice, break it off. Shake your head and break it off. Now, at this instant, take a quick look. Where is your pain? It is not there. It has disappeared. You have now accomplished something great. You have proved that you CAN snap the film and its tyrannical pain. You are free and you are free RIGHT NOW.
Try the above method for yourself. Even though you succeed at first for just a split second, you have succeeded completely! Now realizing that small success is possible, you can advance to great success!”
Welcome to page 15 of Healing & Your Mind! You may find the following article by success coach Brian Tracy on how to develop an attitude conducive to healing all aspects of one’s existence to be a powerful synthesis of the “wisdom of the ages” regarding how to literally make the best of the apparent blows one may be dealt in life, including a cancer diagnosis, and actually turn them to your spiritual advantage as far as possible.
Four Steps to a Super Attitude
by Brian Tracy
It is not what happens to you that counts. It is how you react to what happens to you, especially when you have unexpected problems of any kind. In this message, you learn powerful strategies you can use to keep yourself thinking and acting positively and creatively. Here are four things you can do to assure that your attitude is the very best it can be, under all circumstances.
Focus On The Future
First, whatever challenges you face, focus on the future rather than on the past. Instead of worrying about who did what and who is to blame, focus on where you want to be and what you want to do. Get a clear mental image of your ideal successful future, and then take whatever action you can to begin moving in that direction. Get your mind, your thoughts, and your mental images on the future.
Focus On The Solution
Second, whenever you're faced with a difficulty, focus on the solution rather than on the problem. Think and talk about the ideal solution to the obstacle or setback, rather than wasting time rehashing and reflecting on the problem. Solutions are inherently positive, whereas problems are inherently negative. The instant that you begin thinking in terms of solutions, you become a positive and constructive human being.
Look For The Good
Third, assume that something good is hidden within each difficulty or challenge. Dr. Norman Vincent Peale, a major proponent of positive thinking, once said, "Whenever God wants to give us a gift, he wraps it up in a problem." The bigger the gift you have coming, the bigger the problem you will receive. But the wonderful thing is that if you look for the gift, you will always find it.
Seek The Valuable Lesson
Fourth, assume that whatever situation you are facing at the moment
is exactly the right situation you need to ultimately be successful. This situation has been sent to you to help you learn something, to help you become better, to help you expand and grow.
Decide To Be Positive
A Positive Mental Attitude is indispensable to your success. You can be as positive as you want to be if you will simply think about the future, focus on the solution and look for the good. If you do what other successful people do, if you use your mind to exert mental control over the situation, you will be positive and cheerful most of the time. And you will reap the benefits enjoyed by all successful people.
Here are three steps you can take immediately to put these ideas into action:
First, become solution-oriented with every difficulty you face. Make a habit of looking for the answers to your questions, the solutions to your problems.
Second, seek for the valuable lesson in every adversity. Make a list of every idea or insight you can gain from every setback or difficulty.
Third, think on paper. Take some time to write out every detail of the problem, and then take the most logical next step to solve it.
- Developing & Healing Cancer: The Power of Thought to Make Ill & to Heal
- Life is all about choices: choosing your mood
- “You can heal yourself using the incredible power of the human mind.”
- On Guided Imagery & the Importance of Caring For the Mind in Healing
- Guided Imagery Concise Introduction
- Cancer Victory Thanks to “the Efficacy of a Combination of Prayer, Meditation and Guided Imagery”
- Favorite Cancer-Healing Visualizations
- On the Optimum Use of Affirmations & (Subliminal) Messaging Programs to Support Cancer Recovery & Personal Goal Achievement
- Quantum Biologist
- Man Curing Himself of a Terrible Illness With a Simple One-Line Statement of Gratitude
- The Nocebo Effect: Placebo's Evil Twin: “Think sick, be sick.”
- Negative thoughts and the immune system
- On The Power of Your Mind (concise quotes)
- Terminal cancer healed thanks to a radical shift in consciousness: reprogramming the mind for healing
- “Terminal” Cancer Patient In Constant Pain Heals After "Changing His Mind" About Pain
- Who Survives Cancer? (100% of Cancer Survivors Positively Changed Their Life)
- Visualize Your Healing
- Using Affirmations & (Subliminal) Messaging Programs for Support in Recovery from Cancer & Personal Goal Achievement