After A Cancer Diagnosis
...and before choosing any conventional treatment (chemo, radiation, surgery), ask your oncologists two basic questions
by Healing Cancer Naturally © 2013 Copyright Notice.
Note: The first thing to make sure is to find out if you truly have cancer, see Cancer over-diagnosis and over-treatment: misdiagnoses abound.
Dr. Michael D Farley ND has this piece of brilliant advice for "patients" newly diagnosed with cancer and who hesitate which option to choose - particularly if there is much pressure put upon them to follow the conventional route of chemotherapy, radiotherapy and/or surgery. Dr. Farley advises such patients to ask their oncologist(s) the following two basic questions.
- Can you show me studies proving that the therapy you are recommending (be it chemotherapy, radiation and/or surgery) will improve the quality of my life?
- Can you give me any study or studies that show(s) that with the therapy you are recommending I am going to live longer than if I did nothing?
Neither type of study exists.
Knowing that conventional doctors typically pride themselves on practising evidence- and science-based medicine, the fact that there are no scientific studies showing benefit and superiority over no treatment at all of conventional cancer treatments in the two areas of greatest interest to anyone diagnosed with a disease basically considered fatal (i.e. quality of life and survival), again goes to show that the "emperor" (orthodox cancer treatment) has few if any clothes.
Dr. Farley finishes by advising: "If your oncologists can't provide documentation - why stay?"
Incidentally, many of the cancer patients he saw were bankrupt, since their first chemo treatment cost 30,000 USD. Since they were "covered" by insurance, they thought they were safe - until they realized that their insurance only paid 80 percent and the remaining 20 percent quickly added up as ten more chemos were prescribed one after the other.
In other words, not only did these cancer patients spend all their savings and sometimes more, but they reaped no benefits in terms of quality of life and survival - in fact as has been observed by a number of individuals including physicians, it is frequently only after the toxic and aggressive treatments have been administered that true suffering sets in - compare Serious possible side effects of conventional cancer treatment.
- Serious possible side effects of conventional cancer treatment: chronic radiation enteritis/proctitis, death from malnutrition, stroke, lymphedema et al.: potential sequelae of orthodox medicine you might not be told about.
- On chemotherapy (concise quotes)
- On conventional cancer treatment (concise quotes)
- Deciding between alternative and conventional treatment & healing protocols
- Why Alternative or Non-Conventional Cancer Treatment
- All Healing Cancer Naturally's evidence that the orthodox cut-burn-poison approach to treating and diagnosing cancer does not cure and generally creates very serious side effects (incl. death).
- Diagnostics & Tests: on the dangers of diagnostic cancer screenings, tests and biopsies as practised by conventional oncologists, plus alternative methods