Donate to Support Healing Cancer Naturally’s Humanitarian Work
- Donations Gratefully Received
- How You Can Easily Donate
- How you can support Healing Cancer Naturally’s humanitarian work in other ways
- How you can support a supporter of Healing Cancer Naturally by buying“The Basil Book”
Healing Cancer Naturally requests your support
For all visitors interested in a record of donations received and wishing to contribute to the maintenance of Healing Cancer Naturally and its makers, here is a complete semi-anonymous tally of financial gifts received since Healing Cancer Naturally was published on the Internet on January 15, 2004 (for details on the overall efforts involved, see Mission Statement).
R.F., USA, June 2004: US$ 10
M. H., USA, September 2004: US$ 20
C.L., USA, December 2004: US$ 1
Carol Pippin, USA, April 2005: US$ 5
M.R., Canada, May 2005: US$ 100
Y.C., USA, January 2006: US$ 20
M. T., Australia, June 2006: US$ 10
M. H., USA, September 2004, June 2006: US$ 20
P. B., June 2006: US$ 30
D.W., September 2006 US$ 3
B.H., October 2006 US$ 25
J.W., November 2006 US$ 20
L.S., USA, March 2007 US$ 300 (check)
R.T., UK, May 2007: US$ 30
H.D., Canada, May 2007: US$ 25
C.J., May 2007: US$ 3
B.M., August 2007: US$ 500
M.H., Belgium, February 2008: US$ 75
S.M., Poland, March 2008: US$ 20
T.M. June 2008, 15 USD
N.C., Italy, December 2008, €25,00
P.C., Australia, March 2009: US$ 75
T.W., February 2010: €47.70
P.R., USA, February 2010: €14.06
R.C., April 2010: US$ 10
R.F., June 2010: US$ 8.23
J. S., January 2011: US$ 50.00
J.L, June 2011: US$ 5.00
L.E., October 2011: US$ 50.00
M.L. February 2013: US$ 100.00
www.thebeeshop.net, Canada, January 2015: € 16.94
Donations Total: US$ 1,560.23 and € 78.70
Of the above, Paypal keeps a commission of about $56 and the bank a c. $20 cashing fee, which makes a total of donations received of
US$ 1,484.23 and € 78.70
A special mention also of a friend who wanted to donate but whose country PayPal doesn’t list...thank you E.T., errrrrrm, C.T.! ;-)
How You Can Easily Donate
I used to provide a Donations button here that you simply needed to click on but have withdrawn it due to the overwhelming amount of spam I have received at the embedded email address.
I continue to use Paypal* for this and other purposes. Compared with other banks, PayPal offers a cost-effective way to instantly send and receive money over the internet to far away countries, with over 100 million people world-wide now having an account.
So if you wish to support my work (every dollar/Euro is gratefully received), please visit www.paypal.com and send your planned contribution directly to sponsoringAThealingcancernaturally.com (please replace the AT with an @ sign.)
* PayPal also processes international payments via credit card (personally I have had a Paypal account for a number of years since it took only minutes to set up and can be used for other transactions. I am satisfied with their prompt service.)
Also let me know if you would like your website URL or other information published here together with your gift.
If you feel you have been helped by the contents of this site but for whatever reason don’t wish to donate, there are more ways you can help offset its expenses and support its maintenance, such as:
- You can buy your books, CDs, DVDs and many other items through the Amazon links provided at Support This Site (links to Amazon US, UK, Canada, France, Spain, Brazil, Italy & Germany). Healing Cancer Naturally gets up to 7 % commission on each purchase’s net value when you start your Amazon purchasing session from any Amazon link on this site, so you can also buy any other product (household, electronic etc.) featured at Amazon and benefit Healing Cancer Naturally’s work.
- You can check out the excellent juicer (possibly the world’s best in its category) recommended on Is there a best juicer for cancer patients?. It is priced at a substantial discount and I am myself the happy owner of this juicer. Apart from certain books, magazines, DVDs and CDs this item is the only one so far I feel fully comfortable in featuring and I very much recommend it with a good conscience. Healing Cancer Naturally gets a c. 6 % commission on each purchase.
- ... perhaps the easiest way to support this site’s mission: Do tell others about Healing Cancer Naturally!
The Basil Book by Marilyn Hampstead (1984)
I love a good book that speaks to the soul and 'The Basil Book' [ISBN 0-671-50685-4, published by Pocket Books New York] does just that. It's a slim volume only one hundred forty five pages long but it's one hundred forty five pages of love for a very special herb.
To be honest, I don't really spend a whole lot of time thinking about herbs and basil is no exception. I grow it in my garden, slap it in my food and that's as far as I go.
Marilyn Hampstead on the other hand, has an enthusiastic love affair with this herb and shares it with us in her book. She describes fourteen different species of basil giving their botanical names, their origin, uses for each one and a description of each plant. Fourteen species, who knew?
'The Basil Book' has tons of recipes from just about every way possible to make pesto to 'Linda's Basil Beer Bread' to 'Cheesy Basil Puffs'. The book even has recipes for using basil for breakfast.
This is not just a cookbook however. It contains hints for planting, growing and harvesting basil, how to grow a basil maze, how to make potpourri, hair rinses, facials and even a basil amulet.
The book is written with intelligence, humor and love. My only complaint is that it isn't longer and one gets the feeling that if she had wanted Ms Hampstead COULD have written a lot more.
Let me warn you right now, there are limited quantities of this book, so if you are really interested in getting a copy, I wouldn't hesitate too long.
And the author writes:
LongShadow Books asked me to write this book in 1984, 22 years ago.
You will find information on many varieties of basil along with indoor and outdoor growing information, recipes, anecdotes, garden designs and even crafting the basil.
It is now basil's best season and time to relish the wonderful flavors of this herb.
Pesto Genovese remains my favorite basil recipe.... there are several versions in The Basil Book along with many recipes from the Oh Boy, BASIL! Festivals and the popular Pesto Challenge to find the best pesto maker in the land.
I have a few remaining copies that were rescued from the second floor when the FoxHill Farmhouse burned a couple of years ago.
Since last offering The Basil Book, my sweet son Charlie -- the inspiration for the herb farm and hence the book -- lost his battle with cancer in May 2005. I was his sole caregiver.
Sales of this book will help me with some long overdue bills, amongst other things.
Thank you very much for your support and please let me know if you would like the book autographed.
Please understand that there may be some cover and smoke damage due to the fire, but the words inside still read clear.
Payment via paypal.com only please.
FREE USPS first class shipping is included in the price. I will ship within two to three days of payment confirmation.
The Basil Book can be purchased directly for $15.00, including shipping in the USA via paypal.com: foxhillers at aol.com.
Note by Healing Cancer Naturally: I am delighted with my copy of The Basil Book, it arrived looking unblemished and is a lovely, well-written, illustrated and very informative book.