Orgone Accumulator Therapy of The Very Ill

A Personal Report of Experiences (Part 1, p. 3)

by Heiko Lassek, M.D., edited by copyright © Healing Cancer Naturally

First page with introduction to Dr. Wilhelm Reich
Second page

Changes in the blood

In sharp contrast to the subjective changes experienced by the patients as early as the first three weeks of orgone treatment, the speed of disintegration of the red blood cells under the microscope scarcely showed a difference; the only improvement was seen in their clearly decreased tendency to clump (aggregation).

Despite such still devastating results, this could be interpreted as a fundamental change in the electrostatic fields of the patients' blood.[4]

During the second month of treatment, the bloodwork began to steadily improve: The membrane cohesion, the internal pressure of the cell membrane and thus its resistance against the process of disintegration into bions and t-bacilli, dramatically increased.

While at the start of the orgone accumulator therapy, only about 10% of the red blood cells had their normal shape, now it was over 50%. The manner and speed of disintegration also changed, showing a tendency towards greater resistance. Reich would have called it an enhancement in the body's overall bioenergetic condition.[5]

In several cases including the above-cited patients A and B, central necroses with lowered tumor density were observed, even though the metastases didn't change in size; in three cases, tumor shrinkage was radiologically confirmed.

As described in Reich’s "The Cancer Biopathy", edemas formed around the tumors which Reich explained as inflammatory transformation of the tumorous tissue[8]. He had confirmed this hypothesis by numerous experiments with lab animals, the metastases of which were examined via biopsy.

However, with patient A above who had brain metastases, the development of edema with central necrosis caused the very paralysis to recur which had originally disappeared after a single week of orgone accumulator therapy!

This patient, who at this point apparently had regained his vitality (after having been painfully dying in December), went from February to May on business trips to the US and South Africa, with his only medical equipment consisting in an orgone energy blanket.

This was against my advice since the efficiency of orgone blankets compared to the larger accumulator is negligible. He finally returned to me with completely different problems.

In spite of all his business activities and without taking any further medication, all lung metastases which had been rapidly growing before starting on the orgone therapy, had remained constant in size. His brain metastasis on the left had shrunk by 2 cm while the right one was unchanged, with central necrosis but only insignificant edema in the surrounding area.

At first presentation, the pressure exerted by the tumor caused paralysis in the left half of his body. This recurrence of paralysis following his business trips most probably was due to the orgone therapy, seeing the increased development of edema.

But in view of the cancer process, his orgone treatment could not be interrupted. So we both decided to try and locally withdraw energy from the affected area of his brain.

As with our first meeting, he had to be brought to the clinic by two assistants. Based upon the Reich experiments with the medical DOR-buster[6], we aimed a water-grounded hollow metal draw pipe 2 cm above the area where the deep metastasis causing the paralysis was located.

Before starting the DOR buster, I placed the electrode of the Orgonometer by Marah SA in the patient’s paralyzed left hand and asked him to cover it with his right hand and press it during the entire procedure.

The Orgonometer showed an initial value of +114; after putting the DOR-buster into operation, the value immediately fell and kept oscillating between +65 and +72.

At that moment, the patient reported a strong spinning sensation, which is reported by most patients when the medical DOR-buster is used in the head region. During the next forty minutes, the drawing process continued at a minimum level, and the Orgonometer values rose to +190, with oscillations of +/- 10.

After one hour of this mild treatment, a reading of +210 was achieved, and I asked the patient to move his left hand. With an expression of utter disbelief on his face (which I will never forget), he actually raised his entire left arm and sat up from the treatment table all by himself. For the second time, orgone therapy had managed to reverse the paralysis of the entire left half of his body.

Like at the first occasion more than four months beforehand, his very personal test consisted in trying to steer the remote control of my microscope video monitor by well-coordinated finger movements, and he managed to do this - and easily - as well.

He had come to the treatment being carried rather than just supported by two helpers, but now he insisted on climbing the curved staircase leading up to the laboratory all by himself. The influence of the medical DOR-buster only lasted eleven hours, and we had to repeat the treatment four times in total to finally see his condition stabilize without further paralysis occurring.

Further Developments

In the following months, the patients' freedom from pain and symptoms was accompanied by dramatic changes in their bloodwork. The change was especially notable among those who in spite of the strongest medication initially had had terrible pain and had been given just four to eight weeks to live. In contradiction to Reich’s publications, in two of them the bloodwork even approached that of a person in full health.

On the human plane, this was the most difficult time for both patients, their family, and for me. All of them had come to me without a glimmer of hope of reversing or even just controlling their disease, and now they were feeling as vital as if a deadly cancer process had never started.

Some of them had taken up sports again, were going for long walks and on short trips, and I had to shoulder the responsibility of making them aware of the finality of the process of metastatic spread which was physically too far advanced.

In some of them I noticed - for the first time in our long cooperation, a tendency to close their eyes to the fact that their cancer had already too far advanced to be reversible or able to be halted for long, and this long before they had started on the orgone accumulator therapy.

At these times, I was tormented by questions and doubts, which, had I been settled in the role of a white-coated hospital doctor, I would not have felt with such intensity: Was it right that despite the dramatic improvement in their condition regarding both subjective and objective diagnostic criteria I had to keep pointing out that at some point they were going to die from their disease?

I kept being asked the same question: “Don’t you think that with the state I’m now in, a cure would at least be a possibility?” Again and again I had to say no.

Most of my doubts came from a riddle that seemed insoluble: What was to happen with the tumor masses that could possibly disintegrate, i.e. how could the tumors and their toxic break-down products be removed from the body?

In the 1940s and 1950s, when Reich was investigating the possibility of influencing cancer in laboratory mice by orgone radiation, almost all laboratory animals experienced an inflammatory softening of tumors, followed by death from blockage of the renal transport system. It was the masses of cells of the disintegrating tumors and not the spread of the disease that had caused death by kidney failure.

Later, some of Reich’s most successful treatments of people also failed due to the same issue. I discussed this possibility that might put an end to the positive developments obtained by the orgone treatment in full detail with the patients.[7]

The Final Phase of the Therapy

After more than six months of experiencing physical well-being and freedom from pain, in all but 2 of the 17 patients the following developments began to appear. First, the bloodwork started to dramatically deteriorate within a few days.

In addition to the erythrocytes showing well-shaped membrane coats and a normal disintegration process, individual erythrocytes reappeared which completely disintegrated into the corpuscles that Reich called t-bacilli within 20 minutes. The absolute percentage of these erythrocytes was small, about 15%.

However, the correlated findings were alarming. Immediately after collecting the blood at the beginning of the observation period, more and more irregular cell fragments could be seen amidst the red and white blood cells, which most probably were stemming from break-down processes surrounding the tumors and metastases. As I had feared, the process of disintegration led to autointoxication of the body by tumor tissue.

I called several specialists for internal medicine to discuss the option of dialysis, which would allow filtering the blood plasma of this debris. After numerous discussions and demonstrations of videotapes re the constitution of the cell fragments observed, this option was ruled out because the fragments having a size of 1-12 micrometers were equally distributed.

Even individuals who claimed to already have treated cancer patients with orgone energy were unable to offer a solution; I was especially struck by the fact that those who had not even come across the problem often reacted in an annoyed manner to my inquiry for help in the matter.

After the bloodwork had begun to deteriorate, the patients were still feeling very well - the subjective condition and the objective findings were going in opposite directions.

The second alarming symptom was that at the very same time, some of the patients’ family reported that after the patient had done his orgone accumulator session, his facial region turned grey, which sharply contrasted with their usually revitalized look after using the accumulator.

This discoloration lasted for varying lengths of time but disappeared in the course of the day. It was also noticed by the patients themselves, but was not accompanied by any physical symptoms such as circulatory distress or feelings of weakness.

My advice to most of the patients was to reduce their stay in the accumulator to only one 1-hour session per day since the disintegration of the tumors continued and their bloodwork looked increasingly alarming.

Based on the patients' bloodwork and because of their ability to assess the bloodwork on the video monitors for themselves, the patients completely understood the meaning of what was happening. None showed despair or emotional rebellion against the approaching end of their lives, but some of their family did.

I was deeply impressed by the gratitude they showed for the quality of the last period of their lives. Some of them still set themselves small goals: to paint the room in the basement, or to finish a certain business or personal goal which was of special importance to them. Neither did I observe any deep resignation in them, with perhaps two exceptions where I am not sure if I observed, instead, something I call “sliding”.

Two of my patients died of cardiac insufficiency during their holiday, suddenly and without pain, as reported by their wives. One patient still went on a business trip to Saudi Arabia where he carried out various transactions.

Upon his return he collapsed on the way from the airport and died painlessly of cardiac and circulatory failure in the hospital. During his last days he still managed his business from his bed; we bid each other goodbye a few hours before he died.

Only two of my patients went back to using morphine and Temgesic, a few days after they died in the hospital. Others, after open discussion with their old physician, were offered the option of taking strong drugs which would, in the case of an overdose, cause a painless death. To some of the patients who feared their terrible cancer pain would return this was extremely important.

Four of the patients did make use of this option when even morphine would no longer relieve their pain. All other patients eventually died at home, having either no or only slight pain. With one exception, they all kept in contact with me until a few days before their death.

In summary, all 17 of these severely ill patients lived more than 5 months, with 50% living for over a year, a significant positive extension of lifespan over the original "terminal" prognosis of 1-3 months. Regarding the two specific case histories given above who had a very poor prognosis at the start of orgone treatment, patient A survived for seven months while patient B survived for six.

Judging by these and other experiences with both conventional and non-conventional cancer treatments, the benefits of orgone accumulator therapy for seriously ill patients, including so-called "terminal" ones, are significant.



4 Lassek, H.: “Medizinische Aspekte der Orgonenergie”, Emotion, 3, Nexus Verlag, Frankfurt, 1982.

5 Reich, The Cancer Biopathy, ibid., and Lassek & Gierlinger: “Blutdiagnostik und Bionforschung”, Emotion, 6, Nexus Verlag, Frankfurt, 1987.

6 DOR = deadly orgone energy, a form of energy hostile to life discovered/postulated by Wilhelm Reich. The DOR buster was a device used to draw out DOR.

7 Regarding Dr Lassek's pessimism expressed here with respect to the body's ability to prevent the overload of the excretory organs with waste material from cancer cell die-off, also see the solutions mentioned in the Introduction and Dr Lassek's later article.

8 The interested reader is referred here to Dr Hamer's German new medicine in which the appearance of edema is an important concept.

Related content

Related section


Copyright © 2004- healingcancernaturally.com and respective authors.
Unauthorized republishing of content is strictly forbidden. Each and every breach of copyright will be pursued to the fullest extent of the law.
Use of this site signifies your agreement to the disclaimer.